Friday, November 7, 2008

Spinal immobilization tools


There are lots of spinal immobilization products on the market...not all of them are good racing tools. Over the next couple of entries, I will discuss products that are good racing safety tools. I am also interested in our feedback.

The first product I'd like to highlight is the SpeedBoard. It is made by Thom Richmond and the folks at Rapid Deployment http://www.prolitespineboards.com/ and distributed by folks like Alliance Medical and BoundTree Medical. The SpeedBoard was designed with racing in mind...I know, I helped design it. It is simple, lightweight, easy to use, easy to clean, and highly effective.

One point needs to be made about using the SpeedBoard...you must move the patient with the immobilizer in place, not using the Board to move the patient. We use the product routinely at Eldora Speedway and I have heard of no negatives concerning the SpeedBoard. Whether it is midgets, sprinters, or stock cars, the SpeedBoard gets the job done.


No comments: